NSO 2020 Alpine Ski/Snowboard Season Begins January 5th!!!
Snow Flakes are in the air, makes me think of skiing! It is time to sharpen up the edges and wax those skis !
Hi Everyone!!!! It’s that time of year again!!! Ski Season started up January 5th!!!
Gunstock Ski Area Stockade Lodge
Sundays January 5, 12, 19, 26,
February 2, 9, 16, 23, 2020 8:00am
(*cancellations could occur for wind chill warnings, rain or dangerous driving conditions)
(Winter Games are March 1, 2, 3, 2020 at Waterville Valley. Must attend 50% of practices to go)
What to bring
- New this year: All athletes must have FIS certified helmets for practice and competition. No sticker no start.
- Skis or board, poles, boots, ski socks, gloves, googles and smiles.
- Lunch, snacks, and water bottles.
Everyone who wants to ski for Nashua Special Olympics Alpine Team!
Volunteers and athletes contact Coach Bob and Maureen at: email@example.com
to be part of the team.
We can check what forms are needed. Then I will be sending our weekly emails on Wednesday prior to each practice looking for commitments to order tickets for Sunday.
Gunstock pricing for 2020:
Training tickets: $20 athletes only, good all day. No half day tickets available anymore. Paid for by the Local Program NSO.
Volunteer coaches a complimentary day ticket to ski with an athlete
NASTAR daily ticket: $5 all day unlimited racing course runs. Purchase individually.
- Athlete season pass: ½ price Winter Prime season pass (age applies), includes a NASTAR season pass.
- Family member that must ski with athlete, ½ price ticket. Coaches free ticket. Please limit the number of coaches per athlete if possible.
- Flexpass option for other family: $49 per person for season, all full day or night tickets purchased with a Flexpass are ½ off.
Winter Games fees:
- Local Program (NSO, Winni, Tigers) will cover Winter Game fee for on mountain volunteers and athlete competing in the games (last year $90/person to cover cost of tickets, food, dance, fireworks, etc). All other family members pays own fee, even if you don’t ski.
- Local Program (NSO, Winni, Tigers) will cover lodging fee (last year $25/person/night =$50) for competing athletes and on mountain volunteers. All other family will pay own fee.
New Hampshire Special Olympics feels that athletes should not have to pay to play. The local programs will be paying for the athletes and on mountain volunteers
training tickets, Winter Game fees and lodging.
Based on last years fees :One athlete $90 (winter games) + $50 (lodging) + $160 (8 training days) = $300. One on mountain Volunteer $90 (winter games) + $50 (lodging) = $140.00.
We all realize that alpine skiing is an expensive sport and will impact the local programs financial status. Please consider fundraising for your local program to help cover these costs. NSO has penguin plunge and Row-A-Thon at Cross Fit Tuff please help by volunteering by plunging or rowing or sponsoring our plungers and rowing teams. Unfortunately Gunstock will be increasing the fees next year.
Code of Conduct
Special Olympic New Hampshire would like everyone to read what is expected of us. Please read the code that applies to you, and by confirming to participate you agree to abide to the appropriate code.
Looking forward to a snowy season! Any questions? Know others that are interested in skiing with the team, please contact the Coaches.
Maureen and Bob Knepp